Some movies and TV that had a bit of Arizona in them.
Of course, since my name is Alice, I remember “Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore” which is what I said when I left NY for Arizona. J
Here’s a few others that you might remember…
- A scene in “Casablanca” was filmed in Flagstaff.
- Kurt Russell starred in “Used Cars” which was shot in Mesa, Tempe, and Phoenix.
- Some Arizona locations in “Midnight Run” with Robert De Niro, were Flagstaff, Globe and Sedona.
- Casa Grande and Tucson were locations for “Three Kings” with George Clooney.
- And how about “Psycho”? The film began in downtown Phoenix.
- The Grand Canyon was where Thelma & Louise launched their Thunderbird off the edge.
- Tom Cruise starred in “Jerry Maguire”, made an appearance at the Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
- Now we’re going back to 1957 for “3:10 to Yuma”, and you may remember the 2007 version, but the 1957 version used several cities in Arizona.
- And well of course, the “Gunfight at the OK Corral” starring Burt Lancaster was filmed here.
- And “Raising Arizona” was actually, totally made in Arizona!
And who are some of the stars who lived here? Craig T. Nelson starred in “Coach” attended U of A in Tucson, Ted Danson grew up in Flagstaff, Barbara Eden was born in Tucson, David Spade grew up in Scottsdale, Garry Shandling grew up in Tucson, Andy Devine was born in Flagstaff, Mare Winningham was born here, Garrett Hedlund moved to Scottsdale, and Emma Stone was born in Scottsdale.
Arizona film buffs hope to have the film industry continue their economic impact in Phoenix as they did in 2010. http://www.commerce.state.az.us/Film